Please vote by email: Rosco2 and the ubuntustudio packageset

Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre cyphermox at ubuntu.com
Tue Mar 26 14:42:22 UTC 2019

We're still missing one positive vote for this motion to pass, tbh.

TL;dr: please vote on the amended proposition below.

Since Micah is often unreachable (sorry Micah if you see these, and
intended to respond -- I don't want to put words in your mouth or
anything, just trying to make this process simpler for everyone); and
given the relative urgency of addressing the situation:

There was further discussion among DMB members, and it seems we are
mostly in agreement about Ross' upload rights for the UbuntuStudio
packageset, when that packageset is defined as being the contents of
the image, minus the intersection of anything covered by other flavour
packagesets (ie. Steve's proposal on the March 12 meeting).

Further, understanding that the DMB is considering to revise the
definition of flavour packagesets to be these "narrow" sets (no
overlap between flavours), and encourage developers to apply for MOTU
or core-dev upload rights (and grandfather this where appropriate: ie.
this might just be rubber-stamping);

I've applied the necessary changes to the packageset script; these are
meant to be temporary; where we can re-extend the scope of the
packagesets, or make this permanent and strongly encourage Ross and
other developers to apply for MOTU to cover any overlap between
flavours.

AMENDED PROPOSITION:

To grant Ross upload rights for the updated ubuntustudio packageset
(narrowed down to eliminate overlap between flavours); see
https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/73m6JC3tr8/.

Kindly,

Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre <cyphermox at ubuntu.com>
Freenode: cyphermox, Jabber: mathieu.tl at gmail.com
4096R/65B58DA1 818A D123 0992 275B 23C2  CF89 C67B B4D6 65B5 8DA1