reapplying for SRU developer

Dan Streetman dan.streetman at canonical.com
Sat Oct 7 17:17:02 UTC 2017

On Fri, Oct 6, 2017 at 6:23 PM, Brian Murray <brian at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 06, 2017 at 02:25:45PM -0400, Dan Streetman wrote:
>> On Fri, Oct 6, 2017 at 2:11 PM, Jeremy Bicha <jbicha at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Dan, I don't think we will have quorum for a meeting on October 9
>> > because of the holiday in the US and Canada.
>> >
>> > We'll let you know when we re-schedule.
>>
>> how about applying via email instead.
>
> These tend to drag on, it be best just to wait until the 23rd of
> October.

unless the emails drag on for 2 weeks, email will be fine with me.  I
suspect it won't drag on since i've already been through the
application process, and you likely already have your mind made up
currently, but I guess we'll see.

>> As I've already applied before, does anyone have any new questions for
>> me?
>
> Could you talk about what has changed, what work you've done since your
> last application? I think this would be helpful regardless of whether we
> process your application via email or IRC.

Here's the reasoning for my previous rejection:

[19:34] <bdmurray> -1 I'd like to see more involvement in the SRU
process before granting you upload rights.
[19:34] <meetingology> -1 I'd like to see more involvement in the SRU
process before granting you upload rights. received from bdmurray
[19:34] <micahg> +0 , while the quality of work is good so far, it's a
bit sporadic, also, I applaud your desire to sponsor uploads, but I
don't feel that in and of itself is a reason to grant upload rights, I
look forward to seeing you back soon with more SRUs completed when we
can hopefully grant you SRU upload permissions
[19:34] <meetingology> +0 , while the quality of work is good so far,
it's a bit sporadic, also, I applaud your desire to sponsor uploads,
but I don't feel that in and of itself is a reason to grant upload
rights, I look forward to seeing you back soon with more SRUs
completed when we can hopefully grant you SRU upload permissions
received from micahg
[19:34] <bdmurray> Perhaps one way to do that is looking at some
things in the SRU queue and then getting an SRU team member
endorsement.
[19:36] <sil2100> +0, all good skill-wise but I also think it's a bit
too soon, certainly a passing vote after a short while of more uploads
+ endorsements
[19:36] <meetingology> +0, all good skill-wise but I also think it's a
bit too soon, certainly a passing vote after a short while of more
uploads + endorsements received from sil2100
[19:36] <ddstreet> bdmurray micahg sil2100 sounds good, i'm happy to
reapply after adding some more sponsored sru uploads...you guys don't
mind me bugging you to sponsor my uploads right? ;-)
[19:37] <sil2100> ddstreet: not at all! It would be a pleasure - I'd
say keep up on uploading through sponsors and we'd gladly review you
again in a month or so

so you all wanted to see more 'quantity' from me.  These are the SRUs
I've added since then:

2017-09-19 15:03Brian MurrayDan Streetmaninitramfs-tools0.103ubuntu4.8trusty
2017-09-20 13:30ChristianEhrhardtDan Streetmanvlan1.9-3.2ubuntu2.17.04.3zesty
2017-09-20 13:30ChristianEhrhardtDan Streetmanvlan1.9-3.2ubuntu1.16.04.4xenial
2017-09-20 13:30ChristianEhrhardtDan Streetmanvlan1.9-3ubuntu10.5trusty
2017-09-20 13:30ChristianEhrhardtDan Streetmanvlan1.9-3.2ubuntu5artful

as well as being present in the Ubuntu Server IRC meeting to provide
SRU status from the STS team (covering for Eric while he was out), and
pestering several of you to help with some of our team's SRUs that
needed reviewing/sponsoring; I also have another initramfs SRU that's
waiting for the last SRU before I can submit it, and a few others
coming as well.

If that is enough for you, great, but if this is not enough 'quantity'
for your approval, and since the 'significant and sustained'
contributions is obviously completely subjective, what quantity of
SRUs would you like to see before I reapply again?

Have a great weekend!