[FTR] multipath-tools -> ubuntu-server

Robie Basak robie.basak at ubuntu.com
Thu Feb 2 15:38:09 UTC 2017

On Thu, Feb 02, 2017 at 07:03:35AM +0000, Robie Basak wrote:
> AIUI, if it's only of use to one flavour, it has been a no-brainer to
> give it to that flavour's packageset.

I just realised that kpartx is built from src:multipath-tools, and this
is seeded everywhere:

$ seeded-in-ubuntu multipath-tools
kpartx (from multipath-tools) is seeded in:
  kubuntu: daily-live
  lubuntu: daily
  ubuntu-budgie: daily-live
  ubuntu-gnome: daily-live
  ubuntu-mate: daily-live
  ubuntu-server: daily
  ubuntu: daily-live
  ubuntukylin: daily-live
  ubuntustudio: dvd
  xubuntu: daily-live
kpartx-boot (from multipath-tools) is seeded in:
  kubuntu: daily-live
  lubuntu: daily
  ubuntu-budgie: daily-live
  ubuntu-gnome: daily-live
  ubuntu-mate: daily-live
  ubuntu-server: daily
  ubuntu: daily-live
  ubuntukylin: daily-live
  ubuntustudio: dvd
  xubuntu: daily-live
multipath-tools (from multipath-tools) is seeded in:
  ubuntu-server: daily
multipath-tools-boot (from multipath-tools) is seeded in:
  ubuntu-server: daily

So I think I was wrong. Perhaps I should change it back.

Separately, I think Christian should still be able to upload it, but
perhaps that should be via PPU, rather than multipath-tools being in the
ubuntu-server packageset.

Opinions? Should I revert the change?