Please move shimmer-themes to the Xubuntu packageset

Sean Davis smd.seandavis at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 11:56:56 UTC 2016

Hello DMB,

As some of you might know, we've had some trouble with the shimmer-themes
package in the past, where it got pulled into the Kubuntu packageset by the
breeze package utilizing the orion-gtk-theme.  This theme has since been
removed from shimmer-themes since it was unmaintained, but shimmer-themes
continues to persist in Kubuntu.

We would like to ask you to look into getting the package back into the
Xubuntu packageset if at all possible.

If this is not an option, then per-package upload permissions for the
shimmer-themes package to either myself (~bluesabre) or the Xubuntu
Uploaders team (~xubuntu-uploaders) would suffice so we can more easily
respond to and fix bugs in the package.

Thank you,
Sean Davis (bluesabre)