Request mate-hud be added to the ubuntu-mate packageset

Martin Wimpress code at flexion.org
Tue Jul 12 14:12:42 UTC 2016

Hi,

As discussed with Robie Basak I've raised a needs-packaging bug for
mate-hud [1] and requesting that mate-hud be added to the ubuntu-mate
packageset.

A new GPL v2 licensed application for MATE Desktop has been developed
called mate-hud. It provides functionality similar to the Unity 7 HUD. The
source and documentation is available from the following repository:

  * https://bitbucket.org/ubuntu-mate/mate-hud

A .dsc can be downloaded from ppa:ubuntu-mate-dev/crazy-mate using:

    dget -u -x
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-mate-dev/+archive/ubuntu/crazy-mate/+files/mate-hud_16.10.0~yakkety1.1.dsc

If there is anything more I need to do to progress this, just let me know.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/1602270
--
Regards, Martin.