Upload permissions for extra-cmake-modules

Iain Lane laney at ubuntu.com
Thu Feb 4 11:04:41 UTC 2016

On Wed, Feb 03, 2016 at 07:37:23PM -0500, Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 5:49 PM, Philip Muskovac <yofel at gmx.net> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > for some reason that I can't track down extra-cmake-modules was moved from
> > the kubuntu set to core. As that's the core dependency of the KDE
> > Frameworks, this is currently holding up all Kubuntu KDE Software updates
> > in xenial. Could we please have this back in the kubuntu set?
> >
> > If there's another team that now uses e-c-m, I'll be glad to notify them
> > about future updates and testbuild any new rdeps.
> >

> How often are there updates to extra-cmake-modules? Is it likely to need
> updating by many people who do not have upload permissions for it?
>
> The reason I'm asking is because I wonder if it would be a good idea for
> extra-cmake-modules to remain in core, and for you to apply for core-dev?
>
> I'm not personally attached to that source package remaining in core, but
> it does make some sense if various non-KDE-specific packages depend on it,
> and based on the fact it extends build tools in general. OTOH, it does look
> like there's a lot more users from the KDE packages and it ships a lot of
> KDE-specific things.

I added this in packageset r195 a couple of weeks ago because someone
asked (probably yofel) and it seemed to make sense as the Kubuntu team
basically do maintain it

  https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~developer-membership-board/+junk/packageset/revision/195

but I can't run that script currently due to a huge component mismatch
that pulls half the world, including haskell, into core.

I just did this to add it manually

  laney at nightingale> edit-acl -s extra-cmake-modules -P kubuntu -S xenial add
  Added:
  extra-cmake-modules

so it should work now. If any DMB members really object, please revert
and we can do some kind of application.

Cheers,

--
Iain Lane                                  [ iain at orangesquash.org.uk ]