Please add packages to qt5 package set

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 10:37:58 UTC 2015

>>> Given that they are highly inter-dependent, even if we do split these
>>> into two packagesets typically one would apply for both packagesets,
>>> or I will be considering people to be capable of managing the other,
>>> even if they are applying only for one of them. On that basis, i'm not
>>> sure whether a second packageset is desired or not.
>>
>> Maybe in one direction (don't know), but I don't think that (say) KDE or
>> Debian Qt people necessarily will care about Canonical/Ubuntu's packages
>> which use Qt.
>
> I don't mind either way. If someone non-Canonical/Ubuntu would some
> day want to publish a new Qt minor or major version, he/she'd would
> need to be able to upload rebuilds of these affected packages. But if
> only doing patch uploads, then yes those packages are not interesting
> or needed.

To keep this rolling, and to take into account the request to keep the
Qt packageset as Qt upstream one, I suggest:

Name: ubuntu-qt-packages
upstream Qt project but using Qt private headers

with the following packages (a few new ones added to make it complete,
but not including a couple not used by Ubuntu flavor directly):
appmenu-qt5 ciborium fcitx-qt5 gsettings-qt maliit-framework oxide-qt
qtmir qtmir-gles qtubuntu qtubuntu-gles qtvideo-node ubuntu-ui-toolkit
ubuntu-ui-toolkit-gles unity8 webbrowser-app

I've done uploads of all of them and somewhat familiar with all of
them since I've needed to patch most of them in the past.

And add the following packages to the existing qt5 set:
pyqt5 qtcreator qtenginio-opensource-src qtstyleplugins-src
qtwayland-opensource-src qtwebkit-examples-opensource-src

(pyqt5 is from non-Qt.io upstream strictly speaking but fits in well)

-Timo