DMB voting rules

Iain Lane laney at ubuntu.com
Sun May 17 18:14:49 UTC 2015

Hiya,

On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 10:38:45PM -0400, Charles Profitt wrote:
> Iain:
>
> I would first like to apologize for the delay in our response. The item
> was discussed, but then we failed to email the response to you.

No worries. The instance actually resolved itself without us needing to
know the answer, so it became less pressing.

> The current advice the CC has with regards to voting is:
>
> Votes:
> Total the votes (+1, 0, -1) and if the total is positive then the vote
> is affirmative. In order for a vote to count there should be a quorum.
>
> I hope this helps. If there are specific votes that are of concern
> please feel free to reach back out to us with regard to those.

I think it's clear (but DMB members yell if it's not to you). Is the
quorum up to the specific board to determine?

Can you please document this somewhere in public? Probably on the wiki.
It's advice that applies to all teams and so would be good for everybody
to be consistent.

Thanks for deciding.

Cheers,

--