DMB voting rules

Iain Lane laney at ubuntu.com
Tue Jun 23 08:39:38 UTC 2015

On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 12:18:21AM -0400, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> > […]
> > Can you please document this somewhere in public? Probably on the wiki.
> > It's advice that applies to all teams and so would be good for everybody
> > to be consistent.
>
> I don't think it applies to all teams.  For kubuntu-dev there has been a
> documented criteria since the team existed that is slightly different:
>
> https://community.kde.org/Kubuntu/Developers
>
> The rule is "majority of those present and at least 3" members of kubuntu-dev
> to add a new member.  This is slightly different in that it doesn't distinguish
> between a  -1 and a 0 vote, but I don't this there's a benefit in forcing a
> change.

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Maybe the CC can think of a good way to document this then. I still
think it's beneficial to have it in a location we can refer to.

Or if you were just deciding for the DMB and prefer to leave the default
case alone then let me know about that too and I'll document it just for
us.

--
Iain Lane                                  [ iain at orangesquash.org.uk ]
Debian Developer                                   [ laney at debian.org ]