Request for PPU to Firefox and Membership on Ubuntu Mozilla Daily Build Team and Mozilla Team

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Tue Jan 20 20:05:38 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 11:57:03AM -0800, Benjamin Kerensa wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am writing to request PPU to Firefox and Membership on Ubuntu Mozilla
> Daily Build Team and Mozilla Team. I have been a contributor
> to Ubuntu for some years and am currently and Ubuntu Contributing
> Developer. Although most of my contributions these days
> are upstream in Firefox as a member of the Firefox Release Management Team
> and release owner for Firefox ESR and Nightly
> I am very concerned about the current state of Firefox Nightly builds which
> are not being frequently and consistently updated.
>
> Myself and another Mozilla contributor (also a Ubuntu Core Dev) have
> several times tried to get things transitioned to us but the current
> maintainer is very unresponsive due to his new full time role with
> Canonical. We also have Ubuntu users pretty regularly complaining about the
> inconsistent updating of Firefox Nightly in Ubuntu through our support
> channels and on social media which reflects poorly on both Mozilla and
> Ubuntu.
>
> That being said as a upstream contributor who already plays an integral
> role in releasing Firefox to downstream (Ubuntu) and our users
> and with the packaging experience I have I am asking for these memberships
> and PPU so that myself and that other contributor
> can step in and tag team Firefox in Ubuntu and make the experience better
> for the users.
>

> Cheers,
>
> Benjamin Kerensa

Hi,

The DMB has no control over ~ubuntu-mozilla-daily or ~ubuntu-mozilla so
you'll have to directly deal with the current team owners and
administrators as those aren't official Ubuntu teams
as managed by the CC, TB or DMB (nor should they).

As for the PPU application, you'll have to prepare a wiki page for it
and send us the link to the list, then add yourself to the agenda of one
of our meetings (note that we need at least a week notice).

Thanks

--
Stéphane Graber
Ubuntu developer