openstack package set and upload rights

Micah Gersten micahg at ubuntu.com
Mon Dec 21 15:32:28 UTC 2015

On 12/15/2015 12:49 PM, Corey Bryant wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to request the creation of an OpenStack package set that
> includes the core OpenStack packages.  I'd also like to request upload
> rights for this package set.
>
> I've listed all of the core packages below.  I'm not sure if it's
> possible to include both main and universe packages in this package
> set, or if that would cause seeding issues.  If it is possible I'd
> like to do that.  Otherwise, I'd like the package set to include just
> the universe packages.
>
> Packages in universe:
> aodh
> barbican
> designate
> ironic
> manila
> murano
> murano-dashboard
> neutron-vpnaas
> openstack-trove
> sahara
> swift
>
> Packages in main:
> ceilometer
> cinder
> glance
> heat
> horizon
> keystone
> neutron
> neutron-fwaas
> neutron-lbaas
> nova
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Corey

Thanks for following up on this Corey.  For you personally requesting
upload rights to this packageset, would you please be able to create a
wiki page as described here [1]?  There is some need for collaboration
amongst developers on these applications which is why we use the Wiki
instead of E-Mail for the actual application.  There's also the
announcement of the application on this list for which this E-Mail suffices.
To answer the question about universe/main seeding, yes, we can seed
packages from both main and universe without affecting other seeds.
Thanks,
Micah

[1]
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DeveloperMembershipBoard/ApplicationProcess#Applying_for_team_membership