Clarifying "dynamic" Per-Package Upload rights for DDs that are also MOTUs

Iain Lane laney at ubuntu.com
Tue May 21 18:40:04 UTC 2013

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 11:03:26PM -0400, Andrew Starr-Bochicchio wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm writting in the hopes of getting a clarification of the policy for
> "dynamic" Per-Package Upload rights for DDs. [1] The policy states
> that:
>
> > 11. Such individuals must have previously attended a meeting as in
> >       paragraph 3 and thereby demonstrated sufficient knowledge of Ubuntu
> >       and the relevant differences between Ubuntu and Debian.
>
> Paragraph 3 explicitly talks about PPU rights, but a MOTU who is also
> a DD has already met the spirit of paragraph 11. So, are MOTUs who are
> also DDs able to use the  "dynamic" process to obtain PPU rights for
> packages in Ubuntu main that they maintain in Debian?
>
> [1] http://people.ubuntu.com/~laney/dynamic-ppu-procedure.txt

I think we wrote it deliberately to be quite conservative. I also think
that extensions would be fine. In this case we could extend the
requirement to be not PPU but any Ubuntu Developer. I'll add this to our
agenda to talk about.

Cheers,

--
Iain Lane                                  [ iain at orangesquash.org.uk ]