upload rights for my Debian packages

Benjamin Drung bdrung at ubuntu.com
Tue Jun 4 23:21:50 UTC 2013

Hi Daniel,

Am Montag, den 03.06.2013, 12:54 +0200 schrieb Daniel Pocock:
> Hi,
>
> Here is a list of my Debian packages, I am also upstream for some of them:
>
>   http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=daniel@pocock.com.au
>
> Could you please grant me per-package upload rights for these packages,
> as per the procedure here:
>
>   https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DeveloperMembershipBoard/ApplicationProcess
>
> Can you also advise if I need to apply to the membership board, the
> developer membership board, or is this procedure completely automatic
> for me as a DD? I have already submitted the signed agreement with
> Ubuntu's code of conduct and I have created a basic wiki page about my work:
>
>   https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DanielPocock

Thanks for caring for your Debian package on Ubuntu. We welcome all
Debian Developers in Ubuntu.

You have to apply to the Developer Membership Board (DMB) following the
limited "dynamic" Per-Package Upload rights process [1]. Once the PPU is
granted, you can update the package list by just mailing us (without
attending another meeting).

I found no manually synchronized package on your Launchpad page [2]. We
expect that applying DDs have sufficient knowledge of Ubuntu and know
the relevant differences between Ubuntu and Debian. Have you previous
experience (syncs, merges, bug fix uploads, or stable release updates)
with Ubuntu? If not, I advise you to go through the sponsoring queue [3]
for your Ubuntu work for now. Sync requests (requestsync from
ubuntu-dev-tools is your friend) are usually processed very quickly. You
will then find sponsors that will endorse your PPU application.

[1] http://people.ubuntu.com/~laney/dynamic-ppu-procedure.txt
[2] https://launchpad.net/~daniel-pocock/+related-packages
[3] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SponsorshipProcess

--