DMB-PPU decoupling vote

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Tue Jul 2 02:43:24 UTC 2013

On Tuesday, July 02, 2013 10:55:02 AM Emmet Hikory wrote:
> Iain Lane wrote:
> > It seems that we've coalesced around two options for this. I tried to
> > describe them on the pad
> >
> >   http://pad.ubuntu.com/dmb-ppu-membership-proposal
> >
> > under "Two proposals".
>
>     As written, these are a little unclear.  Is the deciding consideration
> whether a package in the packageset ships in an product, thereby affecting
> some release commitment, or something else?

I think it's that plus some other possible cases which, in my view, we
shouldn't over specify.  A past example, for me, would have been the Sugar
packageset.  It's not just an administrative convenience to provide a
packageset, but a coherent set of functionality, even if it doesn't directly
impinge on a product commitment.

Scott K