Application for Ubuntu Contributing Developers

Iain Lane laney at ubuntu.com
Mon Jul 2 14:50:33 UTC 2012

Hello,

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 07:44:43PM +0530, Vibhav Pant wrote:
> I , Vibhav Pant apply for universe-contributors. I have added myself to the
> DMB's meeting agenda at
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DeveloperMembershipBoard/Agenda .
>
> --
> https://launchpad.net/~vibhavp
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/VibhavPant
>
>  ,-O.  Ubuntu pre-developer and translator
> O    0
>  `-O'

This application was discussed and voted on at the DMB's meeting on
2012-07-02. The outcome was

    For: 0 Against: 3 Abstained: 0

Thus, the application is declined.

Members of the board present declined the application for two reasons:

  - Vibhav has not been contributing for the usual 6-month minimum
    period to qualify for membership.
  - There was evidence of dishonesty in the application process. A
    comment was left on the application, which Vibhav chose to remove.
    After it was reinstated he then removed the comment once more.

Furthermore, it transpired that Vibhav had been declined for membership
on previous occasions, with specific advice provided which he had not
followed.

We suggest that Vibhav reflect on the advice he has been given if he
chooses to come before another board for Ubuntu membership.

Thanks,

--
Iain Lane                                  [ iain at orangesquash.org.uk ]
Debian Developer                                   [ laney at debian.org ]