Updates to ubuntu-desktop and desktop-extra package sets

Micah Gersten micahg at ubuntu.com
Thu Jan 12 05:37:59 UTC 2012

On 01/12/2012 05:58 AM, Jeremy Bicha wrote:
> On 11 January 2012 17:17, Jeremy Bicha <jeremy at bicha.net> wrote:
>> Please add gnome-icon-theme-symbolic to desktop-extra. It is listed at
>> http://git.gnome.org/browse/jhbuild/plain/modulesets/gnome-suites-core-3.4.modules
> Actually, gnome-icon-theme-symbolic is in core so please move to ubuntu-desktop.
>
>> Also, please move yelp-xsl and yelp-tools from core to ubuntu-desktop
>> as those are GNOME core dependencies.
>>
>> I'd also like to see ubuntu-docs moved to ubuntu-desktop, unless we'd
>> be better off making a separate package set for ubuntu-core-doc stuff.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jeremy Bicha
I actually don't see a reason why any of these are in core at all.
They're not shared by Kubuntu, nor in the platform seed.  They are
either directly seeded in the desktop seed or a dependency of something
in the Desktop seed.  The only thing they're shared wtih it Edubuntu,
but I don't think that should affect which package set it's in,  I've
CCd Colin in the hope that he can shed some light on this.

Thanks,
Micah