"Automatic" per-package permissions for DD

Michael Bienia michael at bienia.de
Sat Jan 15 21:12:12 UTC 2011

On 2011-01-15 18:47:39 +0100, Sylvestre Ledru wrote:
> > > I don't exactly know.
> >
> > I've compared [1] with your current PPU rights and made the following
> > list of missing PPU rights:
> >
> > debian-science
> > eficas
> > etsf-io
> > fop
> > giws
> > gl2ps
> > gtkmathview
> > libalberta2
> > libconqat-ccsm-commons-java
> > libstxxl
> > ohcount
> > openmpi
> > scilab-ann
> > scilab-celestlab
> > scilab-overload
> > scilab-plotlib
> > scilab-scimax
> > scilab-scimysql
> > scilab-swt
> > sciscipy
> > sivp
> > sundials
> > v-sim
> > worldwind (non-free)
> >
> > Not in Ubuntu yet (so you can only get PPU rights once it's in the
> > Ubuntu archive):
> > libconqat-simulink-java
> >
> > Please check if this list looks good before I forward it to Colin for
> > implementation.
> ok, great!

[...]
> Is there an URL where I can see my PPU rights ?

No, the only "interface" to it is the "edit-acl.py" script from
ubuntu-archive-tools[1]. You can use it also to query your PPU rights:
  edit-acl.py -p sylvestre -S natty

> Do you believe I should apply for a "better" Ubuntu status to tackle
> these limitations ? (I am doing some sponsoring and team upload in
> Debian Science and I would be interested to do the upload also in
> Ubuntu)

The usual next step after PPU rights is often applying for "MOTU". As a
"MOTU" you would have upload rights to all packages in the "universe"
component where most of your packages are in. Only "blas" and "lapack"
are in "main" for which you would still need PPU rights which you
already have.

Regards,
Michael

1: https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-archive/ubuntu-archive-tools/trunk