Processing your MOTU application via email

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 22:11:35 UTC 2011

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 10:38 AM, Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre
<mathieu-tl at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Lately, I've found myself touching more and more packages in main and
> getting fixed sponsored. I believe it ties in to the MOTU team's
> responsibilities to provide assistance to other developers in bug
> fixing.

I see you already have access to the NM package set.  Any future
plans/goals for more packagesets that contain packages from main? (I
do see that on your wiki page you want to get to core-dev eventually)

> I also think it's up to the MOTU team as a starting point for new
> contributors wanting to become Ubuntu developers, which is why I
> joined a new attempt to re-start the MOTU mentorship program.
> Unfortunately, this still doesn't seem to be going anywhere yet, but I
> do feel it deserves another honest attempt. I think I would do well as
> a mentor and in organizing mentorship activities.

Have you been involved at all in the new packaging guide dholbach's
been on about to make the documentation for newbie-packagers easier?
Any other ideas for ways to gain more contributors and train them?

--
Mackenzie Morgan