[Bug 62942] network-admin doesn't save getaway IP address [network-admin]
pecisk at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 11:03:30 BST 2006
Public bug reported:
Binary package hint: gnome-system-tools
It is Edgy with newest updates. I have two network cards, one via_rhine
(eth1), another one 3c59x (eth0). Only eth1 is active.
1. Open network-admin trough System => Administration => Networking
2. Fill requested password
3. Open "Connections" tab
4. Choose "Ethernet Connection" primary you have
5. Choose "Properties"
6. Fill IP address and IP subnet address and IP getaway address in dialog, after choosing "Manual" in "Configuration" drop down menu.
7. Click OK, and Click "Close" in Networking Admin window
8. Changes should apply now, and all is in it's place, except getaway. It doesn't get saved - as /etc/netoworking/interfaces shows so - and therefore it doesn't get applied too, so no network connection.
** Affects: gnome-system-tools (Ubuntu)
Assignee: Ubuntu Desktop Bugs
network-admin doesn't save getaway IP address [network-admin]
More information about the desktop-bugs