[Bug 67698] Re: prerm should not remove alternative on upgrade
malcolm.parsons at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 12:19:15 BST 2006
It was manual.
12:15 < seb128> removing the "update" case seems fine to me
12:15 < seb128> I'll do that for edgy+1
12:15 < pepsiman> can I add tasks for galeon, etc
12:15 < seb128> sure
12:15 < pepsiman> k, thx
12:15 < seb128> rename the bug maybe
12:15 < seb128> something like "prerm should not remove alternative on update"
12:16 < seb128> thank *you* for working on that ;)
** Summary changed:
- After dist-upgrade, default session changed
+ prerm should not remove alternative on upgrade
** Description changed:
- Before dist-upgrade my default session was GNOME.
- After dist-upgrade my default session is XFCE.
- The KDE, XFCE and GNOME sessions were installed before the dist-upgrade, and are still installed afterwards.
- The default session should not have changed.
- I can't remember if I had manually set the x-session-manager alternative
- before upgrading, it isn't set to manual now.
+ Manually set alternatives are reset on upgrade if the prerm removes the
+ alternative when "$1" = "upgrade"
** Changed in: gnome-session (Ubuntu)
Status: Needs Info => Unconfirmed
** Also affects: galeon (Ubuntu)
** Also affects: bsdmainutils (Ubuntu)
prerm should not remove alternative on upgrade
More information about the desktop-bugs