[Bug 54379] adjust date and time
freehil at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 18:02:28 UTC 2006
Public bug reported:
Binary package hint: gnome-panel
There might be a bug in Gnome's adjust date and time. Here's how to
1. Right click on the date and time gnome panel widget.
2. Select adjust date & time
3. Check "periodically synchronize clock with Internet servers:"
4. It should prompt that NTP not installed (I forgot the exact phrase)
5. Install NTP in the prompt dialog
6. After installation finishes, come back to the "adjust date & time" dialog
7. Check "periodically synchronize clock with Internet servers:" again
It prompts you to install NTP again. It shouldn't
Checked without prompting users to install NTP.
Close "adjust date & time" dialog and restart it. Repeat step 3. It doesn't prompt you to install NTP
** Affects: gnome-panel (Ubuntu)
adjust date and time
More information about the desktop-bugs