[Bug 52131] Paste in dir where user does not have write permission
joepublic at shaw.ca
Thu Jul 6 18:19:29 UTC 2006
Public bug reported:
Binary package hint: nautilus
What I did:
- Nautilus is configured to show listview, and the directory-tree on the left.
- Go to /usr/share/pixmaps
- CTRL-C on a file to copy
- CTRL-V to paste the file
- A little text box with the full path of the copied file appears in the lower right-hand side of the nautilus window followed by some garbled text.
- The text box stays around for a few seconds and then disappears.
- The file is not copied anywhere.
What I expected:
- A message or some indication that Paste is not possible in the
directory since the user does not have the correct permissions (i.e.
/usr/share/pixmaps is only writable by root).
** Affects: nautilus (Ubuntu)
Paste in dir where user does not have write permission
More information about the desktop-bugs