[Bug 74166] Problems with changing default sound card in Sound caplet
pecisk at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 16:23:03 UTC 2006
Public bug reported:
Binary package hint: gnome-control-center
Scenario: I have two sound cards, built-in one and second multichannel
(ice1712 based). I can see them booth in System => Preferences => Sound,
in Sound part, where Default soundcard is defined. I want to change
default sound card time after time.
1. Open System => Preferences => Sound
2. Choose Sounds part of dialog window and change default sound card, from multichannel to built-in one
3. Check .asoundrc.asoundconf, if it has new definition of default sound card. Everything there is fine.
4. Open System => Preferences => Sound => Sounds to change back default sound card
5. Default sound card listing shows old card as default one, altought in config file there is new one as default. So in result I can change how many times I want, I can't change default back to old card, altough in caplet I see it defined as default.
There was similar problem with asoundconf program who is used to change
default ALSA soundcard, but this seems like more a problem with Caplet
** Affects: control-center (Ubuntu)
Problems with changing default sound card in Sound caplet
More information about the desktop-bugs