[Bug 17981] Re: Provide easy way to enable/disable printer sharing
martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Tue Apr 25 18:26:55 UTC 2006
cupsys (1.1.99.rc3-0ubuntu1) dapper; urgency=low
* New upstream bug fix release 1.2RC3, UVF exception approved by Matt
* Add debian/patches/56_revert_svn_5438.dpatch: Revert upstream svn commit
5438 (fixed handling of products/manufacturers with spaces in the name)
for now since it causes regressions in gnome-cups-add. Will be reactivated
later when the issue is sorted out with upstream.
* Update patches for new upstream release.
* Remove debian/patches/20_httpGetHostname_crash.dpatch, fixed upstream.
* Add debian/patches/14_dont_force_ssl.dpatch: Upstream now requires
encryption by default for accessing /admin/, but our GUI frontends do not
yet cope with that. Disable SSL requirement for now to revert to the old
- Set "BrowseAddress @LOCAL"; without this, sending browsing information
does not work (Browsing still has to be enabled). Since enable_browsing
now works for exporting printers, too, this Closes: LP#17981
- Add some comments to point out that the Port and Browsing settings are
moved to /etc/cups/cups.d/.
* debian/cupsys.postrm: Clean up passwd.md5 on purge.
* debian/cupsys.init.d: Pre-create error_log, too, and clean up code a bit.
* debian/cupsys.postinst: If upgrading from Breezy, adapt the inclusion of
external browsing configuration in cupsd.conf to retain the correct
setting for modified cupsd.conf files.
- Fix handling of cupsd-browsing.conf -> cups.d/browse.conf transition for
- Fix browse.conf parsing to set the correct debconf default value, so
that the browse setting is not reset to 'off' on upgrades.
* Add debian/patches/57_svn_5461.dpatch:
- Properly HTML-quote the printer name so that names containing e. g. '+'
work properly in the web interface.
- Upstream svn commit 5461.
- Closes: LP#37018
** Changed in: cupsys (Ubuntu)
Status: Fix Committed => Fix Released
Provide easy way to enable/disable printer sharing
More information about the desktop-bugs