[Bug 35689] Re: HP Deskjet 840C on Parallel Port Not Autodetected.
g.l.ingram at durham.ac.uk
Sat Apr 15 12:20:49 UTC 2006
Note that the bug is that the printer is not autodetected, you can get it to work by selecting things manually. (This is mentioned in the original report :-))
What I did:
1. Check that the hplip-ppds package is installed at the above version. (It is!)
2. System->Administration->Printing and delete the printer, then add a new printer.
3. This results in 100% CPU usuage (according to the gnome system monitor) for at about one minute.
4. The "Add a Printer" Window appears but again the printer is not autodetected.
5. I can get the printer working with the HPLIP driver if it's selected manually.
HP Deskjet 840C on Parallel Port Not Autodetected.
More information about the desktop-bugs