[Bug 39301] mistake in new nautilus eject behaviour
wavael at yahoo.fr
Wed Apr 12 14:23:29 UTC 2006
Public bug reported:
Affects: nautilus (Ubuntu)
Priority: (none set)
when i eject a read-only CD or DVD, i show a message saying "writing
data to storage device", but a read-only medium can't be writed.
steps to reproduce:
1. insert a read only CD or DVD in the reader
2. an icon appears on the desktop if automount is enabled in gnome preferences
3. right click this icon and select eject
4. a dialog is shown until umount process is finished, and says "Writing data to storage device, please don't remove media"
What I think should happen is:
- keep the same behaviour with read-write access devices, even if no actual write operations have occurred on it.
- do not show the dialog on read-only devices such as read-only CD/DVD, or others (write-protected floppy disks or usb flash drives, or any other read-only file system) while removing the media before umount has finished would not worry.
mistake in new nautilus eject behaviour
More information about the desktop-bugs