Accepted wpasupplicant 0.4.8-1build1 (source)
siretart at tauware.de
Fri Mar 31 21:50:05 BST 2006
-> Component: main Section: net
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 15:41:26 +0200
Binary: wpagui wpasupplicant
Maintainer: Debian/Ubuntu wpasupplicant Maintainers <pkg-wpa-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org>
Changed-By: Reinhard Tartler <siretart at tauware.de>
wpagui - GUI for wpa_supplicant
wpasupplicant - Client support for WPA and WPA2 (IEEE 802.11i)
Closes: 356072 356842 357760 358137 358138 359814
wpasupplicant (0.4.8-1build1) dapper; urgency=low
* fakesync from debian.
wpasupplicant (0.4.8-1) unstable; urgency=low
[ Reinhard Tartler ]
* Finally bringing in the new Upstream version with the ap scan patch for
wpa-cli, required by network-manager (Closes: #356072)
* Dropping Mode 3 (start by init script) (Closes: #356842, #357760)
* add hint for associating to hidden ssids (Closes: #358137)
* add a note for faciliating debugging connection problems
* add this note to README.modes as well.
* remove or backup obsolete conffiles
* install the wpasupplicant.conf(5) manpage (Closes: #358138)
* don't start wpa_supplicant for loopback interface (Closes: #359814)
* add explanation about action scripts, mentioning that we expect now
the action script to create a file indicating that the interface is ready
* add warning in NEWS.Debian that upgrading to this package requires
manual intervention by the local admin.
* move old 'default configuration' to /usr/share/doc/wpasupplicant/examples
as example for connecting to open APs.
* remove version restriction from preinst. This means that obsoleted
conffiles are always removed!
* moved the ifupdown script to /etc/wpa_supplicant/ifupdown.sh
* added note about binaries beeing moved to /sbin
[ Scott James Remnant ]
* Undo 0.4.8-0ubuntu2's replacement of the preinst/postinst/postrm triad,
which replaced the upgrade-failure proof and policy compliant code with
* Restore change to ifupdown script that makes "wpa-conf" unnecessary.
* Move /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf to /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
if the user has modified it, otherwise remove it and install the new file.
* Remove 0_ from if-*.d symlink names as we don't force an order or
[ Kel Modderman ]
* Remove check for /proc/net/packet. (Closes: M#37121)
* Add timeout loop when launching a wpa_cli action script in conjunction
with the manual inet METHOD, to allow other ifupdown hooks to
post-configure the interface just as they would have if using a standard
method such as dhcp or static. Introduce WPA_CLI_ACTFILE to allow a
wpa_cli action script to signal connected state to ifupdown.
* Add skeleton wpa_cli action script to examples.
* Simplify wpasupplicant.examples.
* Don't install wpa_supplcant.defconf as the default wpa_supplicant conffile,
our users don't want that file interrogated by anyone, even dpkg.
3d0d0850cbc28e03f62d5c23f59f3d76 856 net optional wpasupplicant_0.4.8-1build1.dsc
282ea88f8d59b6b0f25910ae0f2dff36 39025 net optional wpasupplicant_0.4.8-1build1.diff.gz
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v184.108.40.206 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Debian Powered!
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the dapper-changes