Accepted kde-guidance 0.6.3-0ubuntu1 (source)
fboudra at free.fr
Fri Mar 24 14:50:06 GMT 2006
-> Component: main Section: kde
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 17:39:48 +0100
Maintainer: Fathi Boudra <fboudra at free.fr>
Changed-By: Fathi Boudra <fboudra at free.fr>
kde-guidance - collection of KDE system administration tools for GNU/Linux
kde-guidance (0.6.3-0ubuntu1) dapper; urgency=low
[ Fathi Boudra ]
* Sync with Debian package (not yet in archives)
[ Simon Edwards ]
* BUG: userconfig and unixauthdb didn't respect the ownership of system files
when update /etc/passwd and friends. (Malone bug #26175).
* BUG: userconfig and unixauthdb would fail if /etc/passwd, /etc/groups or
/etc/shadow contained blank lines.
* BUG: displayconfig now does a better job of detecting graphics PCI devices
and handling non-detected graphics cards. Instead of crashing, "generic
VESA" is used when the type of card can't be found. (Malone bug #32915)
* The DPI that displayconfig-restore.py uses at login time can now be
controlled by adding a line to ~/.kde/share/config/displayconfigrc
in the [General] section. Add "dpi=xserver" to use the default DPI
from the X server, or "dpi=100" to use 100 DPI for example.
* BUG: Widescreen modes were missing in displayconfig.
* Displayconfig: Monitors can now be specified as being standard aspect ratio
* BUG: Using the xresprobe command in displayconfig would crash some people's
machines. The much more safer ddcprobe command is now used.
(Malone bug #33943)
* BUG: A bug is displayconfig stopped monitor model detection. The xresprobe
command didn't actually return the eisa ID of the connected monitor.
ddcprobe does though (see above).
* BUG: Displayconfig. Changes to the monitor model or image format are
shown immediately on the "Size & Orientation" tab, even if the screen is
currently being used.
* BUG: When userconfig asks about whether the home directory should be created
when creating a new account, sometimes the wrong directory name was shown in
* BUG: Powerbook screen mode "1280x854" add to displayconfig. (Malone bug
* BUG: Displayconfig would throw an exception if the current display didn't
support DPMS. (Malone bug #34316).
* BUG: Most utilities would fail if they came across UTF-8 or unicode
characters. (Malone bug #34194).
* BUG: Displayconfig wouldn't correctly detect the presence of installed
proprietary drivers. (OculusAquilae)
* BUG: Displayconfig had trouble handling BusID rows in xorg.conf. This would
cause the xorg.conf to be incorrectly read. (Tonio)
* Added some extra methods to ScanPCI.py to aid debugging.
* BUG: Displayconfig would not save the user's display settings when running
in kcontrol or systemsettings. (Malone bug #35257)
b7e81d4a90bc6fad8c5c33e76f7d21b5 735 kde optional kde-guidance_0.6.3-0ubuntu1.dsc
ce829726161ce7523144c809b93e6f72 509843 kde optional kde-guidance_0.6.3.orig.tar.gz
1cbdd88d15ba832da1702342eb6830a1 4416 kde optional kde-guidance_0.6.3-0ubuntu1.diff.gz
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v184.108.40.206 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the dapper-changes