Accepted network-manager 0.5.1-0ubuntu12 (source)
Scott James Remnant
scott at ubuntu.com
Fri Feb 17 18:40:10 GMT 2006
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 16:07:54 +0000
Binary: nm-applet libnm-glib-0-dev network-manager-dev libnm-glib-0 network-manager
Maintainer: Scott James Remnant <scott at ubuntu.com>
Changed-By: Scott James Remnant <scott at ubuntu.com>
libnm-glib-0 - network management framework (GLib shared library)
libnm-glib-0-dev - network management framework (GLib interface)
network-manager - network management framework (daemon)
network-manager-dev - network management framework (plugin development headers)
nm-applet - network management framework (notification area applet)
network-manager (0.5.1-0ubuntu12) dapper; urgency=low
* Migrate to my own style of packaging.
- Remove duplicated docs from other packages.
- Restored debian/patches directory with patches split from diff.
- Split nm-applet into a different package so that we can have
different ones in the future.
* Take the autostart nm-applet.desktop file from CVS and install it into
the Ubuntu location so that nm-applet lives with the session.
- Check devices against the backend before adding them to see whether
the backend wants us to ignore them, and if so, literally just ignore
- Create an Ubuntu backend from the RedHat and Debian ones. We don't
need to kill anything when we start, and don't currently support
dial-up profiles. This includes a function to indicate that anything
with an explicit configuration is blacklisted.
- Remove the dependency on bind9 and all attempts to tinker with
/etc/resolv.conf. Ubuntu's libc contains resolver patches to ensure
changes are noticed by running applications; also our dhclient
configuration handles writing resolv.conf itself and we're not yet
allowing NetworkManager to manage static interfaces and VPN
- Add a DeviceDeactivated dbus event and send it when a device has
definitely finished coming down. Modify NetworkManagerDispatcher
to listen for these new events and run scripts with the pre-up and
post-down events for them.
- Change the dispatcher script directory to point to
/usr/share/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d rather than something under /etc.
- Adjust manpage to match
- Ship a default script in the dispatcher.d directory to run the user
scripts under /etc/network/if-*.d
01858acb9fe1779bd76d922561be3eb7 878 net optional network-manager_0.5.1-0ubuntu12.dsc
923ae59bb7784dc50a6bdc68d86aa999 37744 net optional network-manager_0.5.1-0ubuntu12.diff.gz
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.2 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
-> Component: universe Section: net
More information about the dapper-changes