Transition to git - preliminary schedule
sylvain.pineau at canonical.com
Mon Oct 3 06:55:51 UTC 2016
We've completed another great release of the checkbox stack last week,
promised it's time to prepare - and complete - a story started a long
The transition from our historic all-in-one bzr trunk to individual
and git repositories.
So we'll say good bye to lp:checkbox and welcome the following new members
(which are not entirely new):
I've started to export the bzr history into the new repositories. It
example that lp:plainbox only contains the commits relevant to plainbox and
only the plainbox release tags. Actually all the git repositories have
been set up this weekend.
But's there a few last steps to complete before deprecating checkbox bzr
The list below contains items that should be done before week #42 as the
is to perform the next release to the hardware certification ppa
our new release tools (i.e git only).
- Create all bumpversion config files
- Create all git-dpm packaging repos and upload the last release tarballs
(to prepare the next release)
- Setup git recipes (daily/testing/stable) in lp for projects requiring
packaging (i.e: snappy/touch providers do not need it)
- Adapt "test in container" scripts to clone the required git repos for
instead of trying to develop non existent providers
- Fix autopilot (i.e clone lp:plainbox) in mini-ci
- ReadTheDoc update, pull from git repos now, not bzr trunk
- Create https://code.launchpad.net/~checkbox-dev/checkbox/+git/cep
- Update debian homepages to point to the new repos instead of lp:checkbox
During the transition period please continue to submit your merge
bzr. We'll take care of creating patches that we'll apply to the new repos.
That's why I really wish to complete the transition within two weeks ;)
our core developers are already familiar with git thanks to zyga's
don't forget that we've already migrated the certification providers to git
(server and client). So I hope it won't be a huge change for you.
If you need help with git and know more about the release workflow,
willing to help in #checkbox on freenode.
More information about the Checkbox-devel