Checkbox-converged is in 16.04

Sylvain Pineau sylvain.pineau at canonical.com
Fri Jan 22 14:15:56 UTC 2016

Hello,

I'm please to say that the new checkbox aka checkbox-converged will be
the new "System testing" GUI in Xenial.
The last dependency has been accepted into main this morning (pyotherside).
The daily builds are finally unblocked (to make Laney and doko happy) [1]

Beyond checkbox-converged all the stack is also refreshed [2].
The checkbox-provider is python3 only (to make Barry happy).
We closed all bugs opened in Debian and our packages are lintian clean [3].

The biggest change is probably that we stopped to be a native package
for Ubuntu.
It means for us the end of managing huge diffs between checkbox trunk
and checkbox in Ubuntu.
All future release will use the checkbox-converged source tarball.

And I'd like to say a big "Thank you" to Daniel Manrique for all his
help and support.

Sylvain

[1] https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-cdimage/+livefs/ubuntu/xenial/ubuntu
[2]
https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?email=checkbox-devel%40lists.ubuntu.com
[3] well sort of, missing man pages for checkbox-ng