Heads up: -proposed is now enabled on the daily PPA

Zygmunt Krynicki zygmunt.krynicki at canonical.com
Wed Aug 12 13:55:39 UTC 2015

Hey.

Given the recent unexpected FTBFS issues for several checkbox
sub-projects in Ubuntu 15.10 I'd like to get an early warning
mechanism so that we can avoid that in the future. In order to
simulate what is currently happening in the main Ubuntu archive I've
enabled proposed updates on the daily PPA [1]

What does that mean? It means that each time a source package is
uploaded (either manually or via a recipe) to the daily development
PPA, the build process will have more recent packages than before. In
practice, for 15.10 we will get Python 3.5 by default.

Over the next few days you may see that daily packages for Ubuntu
15.10 are not working (fail to build). We should investigate all such
build issues and correct them.

Please contact me if you have any questions about this.

Thanks
ZK

[1] https://code.launchpad.net/~checkbox-dev/+archive/ubuntu/ppa/+edit-dependencies