%pyspark in Zeppelin: No module named pyspark error

Gregory Van Seghbroeck gregory.vanseghbroeck at intec.ugent.be
Tue Jul 12 08:31:37 UTC 2016

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the response! Really like the juju and canonical community.

I can tell you the juju version. This is 1.25.3.

The status will be a problem, since I removed most of the services. This being said, I don’t think we are already using the bigtop spark charms, so this might be the problem. Here a list of the services I deployed before:

-          cs:trusty/apache-hadoop-namenode-2

-          cs:trusty/apache-hadoop-resourcemanager-3

-          cs:trusty/apache-hadoop-slave-2

-          cs:trusty/apache-hadoop-plugin-14

-          cs:trusty/apache-spark-9

-          cs:trusty/apache-zeppelin-7

The reason why we don’t use the bigtop charms yet, is that we see problems with the hostnames on the containers. Some of the relations use hostnames, but these cannot be resolved. So I have to add the mapping between IPs and hostnames manually to the /etc/hosts file.

The image I pasted in, showing our environment, was a screenshot of the Zeppelin environment. These parameters looked oké from what I could find online.

Kind Regards,

Gregory