Hue Charm

Cory Johns cory.johns at canonical.com
Fri Feb 12 22:57:02 UTC 2016

My natural reaction is to say that it would be better to keep the build and
charm logic  separated and just resources (in juju 2.0) to provide those
built artifacts to the charm.  However, with layers, it does seem like we
have a fairly clean way to separate the maintenance burden, so maybe the
benefits of being able to do builds on the fly outweighs the additional
complexity.

Of course, trying to do automatic, JIT builds still runs the risk of it
failing and needing manual intervention, but that's not much different than
the situation where we don't have a pre-built combination for your
deployment.