Apache Hue charm

Merlijn Sebrechts merlijn.sebrechts at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 08:30:36 UTC 2015

Hi Cory

I think a lot of these utils are very useful even outside of the bigdata
community. Afaik, the only "real" bigdata function is "wait_for_hdfs".
Putting these tools in the charms.bigdata namespace seems to undersell the
value of these tools. Although I'd rather have them in charms.bigdata if
that means we have more freedom to iterate on these utils. Putting them in
charmhelpers might hamper our "freedom" to improve the utils.

charms.bigdata.hadoop,kafka,flume,... seems like a good idea to me.
Although maybe a layer would be a better approach for this. Any thoughts on
module vs layer?