Breezy 2019 summer sprint report

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at jelmer.uk
Sat Aug 31 22:39:58 UTC 2019

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 10:54:52PM +0100, Sam Bull wrote:
> On Mon, 2019-08-26 at 19:02 +0000, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> > On Mon, Aug 26, 2019 at 03:26:00PM +0100, Sam Bull wrote:
> > > brz diff is not coloured. From the documentation, it sounds like brz is just
> > > calling an external diff program. But, I can't see a config option to change
> > > the
> > > program used for the diff (e.g. to colordiff). Is there a setting that I've
> > > missed?
> >
> > Can you file a wishlist request about this? bzrtools used to provide
> > this feature in Bazaar land, but we haven't yet ported it to Breezy.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/brz/+bug/1842153
Thanks!

> > You can see the effects of this in the output of "bzr branches".
> > Control directories can be removed with standard tools - e.g. "rm -rf"
> > :-)
> Umm, in the repo "brz branches" just lists "(default)", and inside a branch, it
> lists "master". Have I managed to setup the repository wrong (might explain why
> a branch takes ~10 seconds locally)?
>
> I think I just ran something like:
>    brz init-repo --git project
>    cd project
>    brz branch git+ssh://... trunk
Ahhh! Git doesn't support shared repositories, so the branch command would
create a new repository in trunk as well.

We should probably warn when cloning into a repository that is not a shared
repository.

> I'm guessing someone is working on the website at the moment, but in case that's
> not true, I'm currently getting an invalid certificate and extremely slow
oops, there must be a cron job that's not running somewhere. I'll have a look.

Cheers,

Jelmer