Breezy Strasbourg sprint report

Martin (gzlist) gzlist at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 3 09:10:20 UTC 2018

As hoped for since last year, we've just had a weekend sprint in Strasbourg.

We've made significant progress on both Python 3, with the number of
tests passing climbing from~45,000 to ~53,000 as we add in the passing
cases:

https://ci.breezy-vcs.org/job/land-brz/test/?width=800&height=600

(The baseline number is the test suite run on Python 2, which the
increase being those same tests also being run on Python 3).

Over the last month Jelmer has been steadily adding b-s to strings in
test cases, and fixing problem. We got the remaining pending branches
landed, along with some HPSS calls that proved tricker than expected.
Towards the end of the sprint, he'd managed to get most of dirstate
working, including debugging one particularly tricky missing b that
caused changes to go missing, and also made a good start on 3ifying
the git support.

Vincent started by showing off the one-shot Jenkins redeploy for the
Breezy CI setup (which had required unexpected bridge surgery
recently) and needed updates. He also picked up and fixed an issue
with renames on memory transport which was causing failures when hash
randomisation is enabled.

I started by making the tests a bit less fussy about requiring
dulwich, then fixed various test issues with the plugins and lazy
import tests, and reworked mutter to work nicely in a unicode world.
Finally I continued porting the pyrex extensions to modern cython and
making them build and pass on 3.

Was not just hacking, also managed a tour round Strasbourg including
the "bonkers" (in my words) cathedral, great food, and seeing the
local Afghan community fly kites.

Martin