fixing corrupt bzr date?

Mats Wichmann mats at linux.com
Fri Mar 30 17:18:48 UTC 2018

On 03/30/2018 10:10 AM, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:

>> is there anything one can do to fixup the wonky date? or to get
>> fast-export to regurgitate it in a form that doesn't crash git - which
>> perhaps might be easier?
>>
>> I found one LP bug on bzr-fastimport that sounds vaguely familiar
>> (https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr-fastimport/+bug/538933), but it doesn't
>> seem to be that the export function is doing things wrong here, it's
>> finding bad data to begin with it looks like.
> The simplest thing to do would probably be to edit the fastexport
> stream after it's been generated and get rid of the incorrect offset
> (e.g. just set it to 0). The format is fairly readable, you can
> just search for that particular offset.

duh. never really dawned on me the stream would be editable data. looks
like this should be workable

[ the datafile from this stream is going to be massive due to the nature
of the data in this repository, but that's our problem. ]

I'm having to run it in an old environment as apparently something else
has rotted in the relationship with the Python fastimport when running
on up to date stuff (this is already using the 2014 bzr fastimport
change which accounted for python fastimport dropping some stuff)

  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/fastimport/commands.py", line
168, in __init__
    self.id = b':' + mark
TypeError: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'int' objects

but it seems to be going ok in a Ubuntu VM I had lying around.

> bzr fastexport could probably do something similar by itself. I wonder
> how you ever ended up with that funk offset though...

odd, yes.