bzr/brz & integration with git(hub)

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at jelmer.uk
Fri Jan 12 02:25:56 UTC 2018

Hi Gour,

What Martin means when he says "using the git format locally" is that rather than focus on a two way bridge, we want Breezy to support the git format natively. This means that e.g. 'brz clone git://github.com/foo/bar' creates the same bytes on disk (with a .git directory) as 'git clone git://github.com/foo/bar'.

The problem with creating a native bazaar repository locally and pushing from there to a remote git repository is that every interaction between to different formats is inherently slow because it requires converting data from one format to the other.

We'd still allow pushing from a native bzr repo into a git one and vice versa, but this should be an uncommon situation.

Cheers,

Jelmer

--
Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer at jelmer.uk>