Stepping down

Vincent Ladeuil v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr
Tue May 16 07:25:03 UTC 2017

Hello bazar community members,

After more than 11 years, I’m stepping down my activities around bazaar
(code reviews, bug triage and fixing, releases).

The journey will remain the most amazing I ever lived.

Thank you all for using, testing, documenting and writing this nice
piece of a Version Control System (VCS).

To date, the bzr code base and especially its test suite have allowed me
to keep bzr usable with a very limited effort (free time was scarce ;).

The most significant bugs in the last years were caused by upstream
breaking compatibility (python or other deps, for good or less good
reasons :) and in every case, there was at least one test failing
pointing the issue and allowing focused bug fixes.

I thought unmaintained (minimally here) software *has* to bitrot. For
bzr at least that didn’t happen. Which is a good thing for a tool
keeping track of projects long term memory ;)

I don’t know what Canonical will do from now on though I keep my fingers
crossed that the dep8 tests will continue to catch issues early enough
for someone to fix them before any user is impacted.

Thanks again for all the fish !

	Vincent