installing bzr on CentOS 5

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at jelmer.uk
Mon Nov 30 22:40:40 UTC 2015

On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 08:41:08PM +0000, Keith Bierman wrote:
> I'd found the old post: http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-
> control.bazaar-ng.general/36410/match=centos+5
>
> However, that wasn't working. But I did find rpmforge's repos do have
> bzr and bzrtools (but not -gtk and olive).
>
> after installation of bzr itself, I sought to install bzr-explorer and
> since that wasn't in the repos (EPEL or sourceforge) I tried
>
> mkdir -p .bazaar/plugins
> cd .bazaar/plugins
>
> bzr branch lp:qbzr
> bzr branch lp:bzr-explorer explorer
>

> Sadly then explorer fails rather badly (see below for details).   Is
> there a good way to install bzr with the GUI tools on CentOS 5 these
> days? If so, can someone please point me to the appropriate RTFM? Thanks

It looks like the version of bzr you have installed is ancient (version 2.3.3) and almost five years old.

The version of qbzr/bzr-explorer you have installed is incompatible with this version of bzr.

Unfortunately this probably means that you will have to install bzr from source, rather than from a Centos 5 package.

Jelmer