plugin not working on lightweight checkouts

Sebastien Alaiwan sebastien.alaiwan at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 08:53:33 UTC 2015

I tested your plugin with a single standalone tree.

I was expecting it to react on "bzr update" and "bzr commit".
However, it only seems to react on "bzr commit".

Test of "bzr update":

*$ bzr up*
Tree is up to date at revision 77 of branch /tmp/deeep
*$ head revno -n 1*
77
*$ bzr up -r 75*
 M  README
All changes applied successfully.
Updated to revision 75 of branch /tmp/deeep
*$ head revno -n 1*
77
*$ *

Test of "bzr commit":

*$ **bzr up*
 M  README
All changes applied successfully.
Updated to revision 77 of branch /tmp/deeep
*$**echo "Hello" >> README *
*$**bzr commit -m "Test"*
Committing to: /tmp/deeep/
modified README
/update_revno_file//(this is my debug trace).
/Committed revision 78.
*$ head revno -n 1*
78

This might be related to the problem you're having.
Is this the expected behaviour? Not updating the "revno" file on "bzr update -r XXX" commands seems error-prone, as you might want to build older revisions of your project.

I was about to suggest to directly use, from your build system, the ".bzr/branch/last-revision" file.
However, this will couple your build system to bazaar ; which you probably want to avoid.

Cheers,
Sebastien