CentOS 7: Want a functional loggerhead

Kevin R. Bulgrien kevin.bulgrien at freedomcte.com
Thu Oct 8 22:20:32 UTC 2015

To bring this thread around to some closure:

>  $ cat /etc/redhat-release && /home/app/bin/serve-branches ~/bzr/blah
>  CentOS Linux release 7.1.1503 (Core)
>  DEBUG:paste.httpserver.ThreadPool:Started new worker 139704170727168: Initial
> worker pool
>  <snip />
>  serving on 0.0.0.0:8080 view at http://127.0.0.1:8080
>
>  $ lynx http://localhost:8080/
>  Alert!: HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found

All my problems with 404s go away on CentOS 7 if I change the command used
to invoke serve-branches:

1) Add --allow-writes to the serve-branches command line.

2) Do not add --allow-writes, but do prefix the served path with "file://".

Thanks to William Grant for this tip.  He had a hunch that my issue might be
related to:

  https://bugs.launchpad.net/loggerhead/+bug/1097567

I'm not exactly sure how he came up with the suggestions that worked...

So I still don't know why CentOS 7 needs these things and other operating
systems do not, but bug 1097567 questions whether the issue might be
related to middleware.

I also reported success here:

  https://answers.launchpad.net/loggerhead/+question/271275/

---