How can we ensure Bazaar (bzr) remains active?

Kevin Carrasco m1ndstr3ngthapps at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 03:59:46 UTC 2015

To be very honest, I do see that bzr has lost the DVCS market.

Git is the winner by a extremely large margin, but that doesn't make it
the best; in fact, I feel it's 3rd in ranking for true history/revision
tracking (Bzr first, Hg second, Git third).

Hg is still holding on, it's still very active, and has considerable
projects using it. Is this the most realistic alternative to Bzr users
who don't like Git?

But should we really abandon one of the only DVCS offerings that's
actually part of the GNU project, is almost completely Python-based, was
designed instead of built (Git's slop of pieced together commands and
scripts is not a purpose-built design), has the cleanest UI, and is the
only one that does branching correctly? :-(

As of now, I'm using both Bzr and Hg actively...  but I'm only promoting
Bzr to see if we can put some life back into it.

Thanks:
Kevin C.