Python 3 Support: A Plan of Action

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Wed Sep 9 14:53:41 UTC 2015

On Sep 08, 2015, at 05:53 PM, Richard Wilbur wrote:

>Is there a good reason to use 3.2 when it looks like 3.3+ should be
>possibly even easier?[2]  (Python 3.5 is expected to be released 13
>Sep 2015[0])

I'm not sure there's a good reason to target 3.3.  I don't think it's in
widespread use and it's in security-only release mode.  While it'll be
minimally supported upstream until Sept 2017, I think most users and distros
have already moved to 3.4.  3.4 seems like a nice, stable release to use as a
minimum requirement.

Cheers,
-Barry