Suggested fix lp:#213718 (bazaar pager)

Daniel Vedder d.vedder at web.de
Sun Apr 12 20:04:54 UTC 2015

OK, I added the BZR_PAGER variable and figured out how to auto-adjust
the pager-threshold. Along the way I discovered an undocumented variable
BZR_COLUMNS from osutil.py, so I added a documentation entry for it.

@Richard: I couldn't exactly change my previous code to match your
suggestions, because Python doesn't seem to support variable assignment
inside a test condition:

+            start = 0
+            while (start = text.find("\n", start)+1) > 0: # gives an error
+                number_of_lines = number_of_lines + 1

Otherwise, I implemented your suggestions.

You will find the newest diff in the attachment (relative to the main
branch). I would appreciate it if some people would try it out, it
worked for me, but perhaps I missed something.

Greetings,
Daniel