Shared repo setup

mark grandi markgrandi at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 18:59:06 UTC 2014

A shared repo and a standalone branch (a repository that is basically used by only one branch) are more or less the same thing, except a shared repo allows you to share commits, so if you have a project with lots of branches , rather then duplicating all the commits that are in common, it shares them.

If you create a shared repo, you need to create a branch inside of it for it to work

The warning about the tree not being updated is just because on servers it seems to default to a 'no trees' branch/repo, because since its on a server you really are not interested in the files themselves, just the history.  So if you look in the folder structure, you will just find SomeBranchHere/.bzr . To actually get the file contents, you use 'bzr checkout'