bzr for Mac OSX 10.9+

Joshua Judson Rosen jrosen at harvestai.com
Mon Jun 23 14:44:03 UTC 2014

On 2014-06-23 04:48, Richard Wilbur wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 2:04 AM, mark grandi <markgrandi at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Bazaar is a python 2 application, and pretty sure it installs to the
>> python2.6 directory, does this help?
>
> My Ubuntu GNU/Linux 12.04 install of both bzr v2.5.1 and bzr
> v2.7.0dev1 (trunk) has bzr running against python 2.7, but I have no
> recent experience with the bzr Mac OS X installer.
>
>> http://instanceof.me/post/7880963425/fixing-bazaar-for-mac-os-x-10-7-lion
>
> Nice instructions.  The latest Mac OS installer[0] delivers bzr v2.6.0
> which I expect would work fine under python 2.7.

MacPorts also ships bzr and a bunch of plugins, FYI. Anecdotally, the Mac users
in my office all appear to have found it the most effective way of installing bzr
onto various versions of Mac OS (AFAIK, it was closer to `just works' on more
systems than the canonical/Canonical installer; YMMV, of course).

--
"'tis an ill wind that blows no minds."