Windows installer for bzr 2.6

Vincent Ladeuil v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr
Tue Apr 15 06:16:50 UTC 2014

    > Here is the installer that i generated for bzr2.6, without any PO files
    > (see the separate mailing list thread that someone started for discussion
    > on that)

    > https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/962389/bzr-2.6.0-setup.exe

Hmm, 2.6.0 straight ? Is that because you started with the lp:bzr/2.6
branch which already is at 2.6.0 instead of 2.6b2 ?

If that's the case, we want at least some feedback from the windows
community before uploading it to launchpad as an official download I
think.

Also, can you file a MP with your updated notes based on the 2.6 branch
so others can try to reproduce ?

It would be nice to reach the point where more people can build the
windows installers (note that https://launchpad.net/bzr/+download list 3
different installers but I think the standalone one is the most
important).

    > good news is that it uses a more recent version of PyQT4 so it doesn't look
    > ugly in windows 8 anymore!

Even better !

    >> <snip/>
    >>
    >> > How about making another beta, like 2.6b3, and uploading that to
    >> > the official page?  I'd be happy to try it.

Eli, are you still ok to test that 2.6.0 and give feedback here ?

     Vincent