Problem exporting to git

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Thu Mar 6 04:24:41 UTC 2014

Chris Hecker writes:

 > This probably doesn't help you, but when I switched from svn to bzr, I
 > had to write a bunch of filters and hack existing scripts and whatnot to
 > get everything to import, and my repo was relatively simple.  I think
 > there's no robust tool for this because nobody does it often,

Come to think of it, Eric Raymond has been advertising a new (?) tool
of his own called "reposurgeon".  Like everything ESR does, it's the
best ever and no improvement is possible. ;-)  Author's well-known ego
notwithstanding, I bet it's pretty good -- if you haven't tried it yet
it's probably worth a shot.

Caveat: untested (by me). :-)